Sunday, 25 January 2015

The first fifteen lives of Harry August by Clair North

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry AugustThe First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Warning, spoilers ahead.

I did enjoy this book. I found the concepts to be quite cleverly realised. It was an interesting concept that the Cronus club came into existence, then spread through time by the elderly members taking the news into the past and the young members taking the news into the future.

I think my main gripe stems from the concepts which were not explored. For example, the talk about what happens to the parallel worlds which are created each time history is changed. I had hoped that might be explored further, but it was not. What would the quantum mirror have shown? After going to all of that trouble and tantalisingly getting to see it built, we find it never allowed to work.

I'm also on the fence about Vincent telling him where he was from. Was that deliberate or a big slip? I just feel Vincent wouldn't have ever risked telling Harry that information, even if he was going to wipe his memory. That kind of makes me wonder about the second 15 lives. Was it a lie? Now Vincent knows he planned to kill him there would be all out war between them, each trying to find the other's origin. Hmmm... Don't know.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment